Best ever French Fries!
- 1 large russet potato or 2 medium potatoes. per person per serving
- 1 oil for frying approximately 2"deep. We like vegetable oil.
- 1 salt
- 1 large deep pan/pot (a wok works well)
- 1 slotted spoon or tongs
- 1 lots of paper towles
- 1 large heat proof (glass or metal) bowl
- 1 mandolin or knife to cut potatoes
- 1 colander to rinse potatoes
- 1Fill a pan 2" (inches) deep with oil and set on the stove. Put some paper towels in a heat proof bowl. Make sure you have a large slotted spoon handy (or tongs) to fish the fries out of the oil with. Lay out some lint free dish cloths or lots of paper towles. You'll need them to dry your cut/rinsed potatoes.
- 2Pick out some good looking blemish free taters or just cut off any ugly spots
- 3Wash the dirt off of them.
- 4Using a mandolin or knife cut into french fries. We leave the skin on.
- 5Rinse cut potatoes.
- 6Dry cut potatoes
- 7Heat your oil, (Which should already be in a pan on the stove) over Medium to Medium High heat, to about 325-340°F
- 8Once oil is hot add potatoes in one to two handfuls at a time. BE CAREFUL!!! If your potatoes are not super dry they WILL splatter HOT oil everywhere!
- 9Keep moving them around in the oil for 3 minutes or until the start to blister. Then remove them to your paper towel lined bowl. They are not ready to eat yet. Sorry 😕
- 10After all of your fries have been cooked to this point. Remove oil from heat and let fries cool COMPLETELY.
- 11After they have cooled heat up your oil again.
- 12Add fries back into hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy!
- 13Using same bowl discard used paper towels and add new ones. When fries are cooked put them in bowl sprinkle salt over hot fries and toss them to get salt on all of the fries.