- For the Base:
- 6 oz Marie biscuits (or any other plain tea biscuit)
- 3 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- as needed, coconut oil to grease the cake pan
- For the Filling:
- 6 oz granulated sugar
- 1.25 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 oz heavy whipping cream (30-40% fat)
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- to taste blackberry marmalade (optional)
- 1Grease an 8" springform cake pan (I use coconut oil for this, because, you know... coconut cheesecake).
- 2Make the base. Place biscuits in Thermomix, pulverize 5sec/sp10. Scrape powder from the sides.
- 3Add butter and mix: 5min/120°F/sp2. Empty mixture into the cake pan and press firmly to obtain a uniform base. Refrigerate until needed.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F. Make the filling: place sugar in Thermomix and pulverize 15sec/sp10. Insert Butterfly Whisk. Add cream cheese, flour & vanilla extract. Whisk 2min/sp3.5
- 5Scrape mixture from the sides with the spatula. Add eggs, egg yolk, whipping cream and shredded coconut. Mix 20sec/sp3.5.
- 6Pour mixture into the cake pan. Sprinkle with the additional coconut.
- 7Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool until it reaches room temperature.
- 8Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. You can serve either as-is or you can top with blackberry (or your favorite) marmalade. Enjoy!