Frontside 50/50 Energy Bar
- 2 cups whole sprouted oats
- 1 cup unsalted nut butter (I use 50/50 almond/peanut butter ;-)
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey (maple syrup substitute~vegan option)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shredded or flakes or desiccated
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts and cashews)
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (I use cranberries, cherries or apricots)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips (carob chips work well too as vegan option ;-)
- 1In sauce pan on low heat add all ingredients EXCEPT CHOCOLATE.
- 2Turn of heat and add chocolate...
- 3Put mixture into 9x9 pan, either lined with parchment paper or foil.
- 4Put Mix in place
- 5Refrigerate 4 hours or more.
- 6Keep refrigerated in sealed container until ready to serve.
- 7I actually individually wrap in parchment paper so hubby can take to work or to skatepark 🏂