Homemade Ice cream without additives or preservatives
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream (Avoid sour cream)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp chocolate powder
- 2 tablespoons Hershey's strawberry syrup
- 1 tsp mango flavoring
- A few diced unsour mangoes
- A few diced strawberries
- A few dark chocolate chips
- A few white chocolate chips
- 1/8 tsp sugar crystals
- 1/4 tsp Yellow food coloring
- 1Cool the blender attachment, whipping cream and condensed milk for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Cool the bowl in which you need to whisk; for a minute in the freezer.
- 2Now in the whisking bowl add in the cream and start whipping on low for 2 minutes using a blender. Now, add in the sweetened condensed milk and blend until single peak emerges when you remove the blender out.
- 3If you are interested in making a variety of flavours, then partition the mix accordingly. Else just continue to whisk it till you see double peaks. (Skip to the step no. 6)
- 4When flavouring: take a required portion of the mix in a separate bowl and add in the flavors you want - vanilla essence, Hershey's syrups or mango flavoring. You can add in yellow food coloring if you prefer.
- 5Now, start whisking the flavored ice creams in their individual bowls until each forms a double peak.
- 6Pour the whisked cream mixture into a rectangular freezer-safe bowl and let sit for at least 8 hours. Note: For mango and strawberry add in the fruits along with the mix. For Vanilla and chocolate add in white and dark chocolate chips respectively.
- 7Finally, just 1 minute before serving, chill your serving bowls. Add in the ice cream and enjoy!
- 8My serving suggestions are: for chocolate, add in Reddi-whip on top and a splash of Hershey's chocolate syrup and few chocolate chips. For Vanilla, add in Reddi-whip on top and decorate with sugar crystals and white chocolate. For strawberry, add in Reddi-whip on top and a splash of Hershey's strawberry syrup. For mango, add in Reddi-whip and top it with a splash of mango syrup. (My mango started vanishing pretty soon as I had chilled out my cup before!😅)
- 9Tip: In India, heavy whipping is Amul fresh cream. Milkmaid is a very good brand of sweetened condensed milk. 1 cup is about 235ml to 250ml. Encrust or Colourmist Powder sprays are available on Amazon in the place of Reddi-whip. If you prefer, you can altogether skip the toppings and make a simple ice cream or just with chocolate chips if you prefer. Just ensure that the cream is fresh and not sour.