Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar, separated
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- Zest of 2 small/medium lemons
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- 3In a medium bowl, using a hand or standing mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and 3/4c sugar until light and fluffy. (about 3-4 minutes or so). Add egg, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined.
- 4Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and beat just until combined–do not over mix. Roll cookie dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls and roll into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar (add sugar into a small bowl first.) and place about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking pan.
- 5Bake 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.
- 6Store in an air tight container or freeze. (They never last long in my glass cookie jar lol!)