Southern Fish Fry
- 5-10 flounder fillets cut into strips or catfish, any white fish
- 2 cups corn meal
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Lemon to serve
- Cooking oil
- Hot sauce
- 1Rinse fish and pay dry
- 2Slice fish in half to get long strips
- 3Place fish in large bowl
- 4Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Not filling more than half way with the oil.
- 5Mix seasoning blend and set aside
- 6In a freezer bag add cornmeal and flour and 2 tbsp of seasoning blend. Mix well.
- 7Add remaining seasoning blend and hot sauce, eggs and mustard to fish bowl. Mix well.
- 8Once oil is ready place a few strips of fish into corn/flour and shake well to coat.
- 9Remove excess flour from fish by lightly shaking when removing it from the bag.
- 10Place fish in pan and fry for 4-5 mins per side.
- 11Don't crowd the pan. Repeat until all fish is cooked.
- 12Drain on napkin. Sprinkle a pinch more Old Bay on the top of fish when they come out (optional) serve with lemon wedges and hot sauce.