- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 lb. magarine
- 3/4 lb or 11/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb. flour
- 4 tbs. hot water (not boiling)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 tsp ground spice
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs rum
- 1Cream together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Add vanilla essence and butters.
- 3Best in eggs one at a time making sure to beat each egg in well before adding the next one.
- 4Sift dry ingredients with spice and clove. Then fold this into egg mixture gradually.
- 5Add lime zest, lemon juice and rum. Then add hot water.
- 6Pour into greased and floured cake pans and bake at 325- 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 -40 mins or until tester comes out clean.