Traditional Algerian Dessert: غريبة
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups oil
- 3 cups ground roasted almonds
- 3 cups flour
- 0.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Whisk the cinnamon sugar, oil and butter.
- 2Add the ground almond, baking powder and flour. Knead with your hands.
- 3Let the dough rest for an hour.
- 4Shape the dough into small balls, and make a small indent. Place them in a pan.
- 5Cook at 150 degrees Celsius, until golden brown from the bottom.
- 6Add some cinnamon powder in the indent made. Enjoy.